We had a chance to catch-up with one of our fabulous users this week, Shauna Miller of Penny Chic! You can check out Shauna’s chic looks-for-less at Pennychic.com & follow her fab poses here. Be sure to check back next week to learn about a new Poser of the Week!
Describe your style in three words.
Risk-prone and chic.
Who would you most like to trade places with for a day?
- Recipe (or dish if you don’t cook):
Pita chips and fresh hummus. One of my specialties and the perfect appetizer for a casual dinner party.
For the Pita Chips:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut each Pita bread (with scissors) into 8 triangles
- Lay them evenly on a baking sheet
- Drizzle olive oil, ground black pepper, salt, and italian seasoning generously
- Use your hands to mix around the pita so that seasoning is spread evenly
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until the chips are lightly browned and crispy
For the Hummus
This is where it gets creative. I don’t have a set amount of ingredients that I use. I just do it by taste.
- 1-2 cans of garbanzo beans
- Garlic cloves
- Salt and peper
- Tahini (skip tahini if you’re looking to lessen the calories!)
- In a blender, pour one can of garbanzo beans to start with
- Squeeze one lemon into it
- Add one garlic clove
- Start adding 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper
If it tastes too liquidy (due to lemon), add more garbanzos or tahini If it’s too bland, add more salt. Enjoy!
- Album you can’t stop listening to:
Frank Ocean “Thinking About You”
- Beauty secret:
Put whole organic yogurt on your face for 20 minutes 2-3 times per week. Yogurt has lactic acid which softens skin, hydrates, and prevents wrinkles. Think of it as the cheapest facial you’ll ever find!
What trend are you loving for spring?
Bright neon clutches.
What are your guilty pleasures?
Looking at the bottom of my shoes to see how much mileage I’ve gotten out of them. When I see my athletic shoes have shreddage on the bottom, it’s like music to my ears.
Bonus! Who would you most like to see on Pose?